October 6, 19:00, art museum Riga Bourse, Dome Square 6, Riga
· Dmitri Kourliandski – „Dolce stil nuovo”, performed by ReDo
· Vladimir Tarasov
· Daina Dieva
October 12, 20:00, music hall „Daile”, K. Barona street 31, Riga
· Rūdolfs Macats
· Tristan Murail – “Sogni, ombre et fumi”, performed by Quatuor Diotima
· Caterina Barbieri*
· Thurston Moore + Mats Gustafsson
October 13, 19:00, music hall „Daile”, K. Barona street 31, Riga
· Linda Leimane – „Geometry of Endless Solution”, performed by Ēriks Kiršfelds
· William Basinski
· RED Trio* + Mat Maneri
· RP Boo
Tickets to the festival can be purchased here: ticketservice.lv. Advance sales ticket for a single concert night costs 15 EUR. Meanwhile, the two-day passes are currently available for 23 EUR. Entry to the October 6 event is free of charge.
* These acts are 2018 artists (or alumni) of the Skaņu Mežs co-founded SHAPE platform for innovative music and audiovisual art, supported by the „Creative Europe” programme of the European Union.
Skaņu Mežs festival is supported by the Ministry of Culture of Latvia, State Culture Capital Foundation, the Municipality of Riga, Trust for Mutual Understanding as well as iRobot, Valmiermuiža and Red Bull Music Academy. Skaņu Mežs is also a member of the SHAPE platform for innovative music and audiovisual art, supported by the „Creative Europe” program of the European Union, and I.C.A.S., an international network of festivals, devoted to adventurous sound.
Skaņu Mežs happens on October 12 and 13 at music hall „Daile” with an opening event on October 6.